AOA Fiber Artist Marketplace
AOA’s Fiber and Fiber Products Committee (FiberCom) is excited to announce the AOA Fiber Artist Marketplace taking place at the Natural Fiber Extravaganza powered by AOA sponsored by Long Hollow Suri Alpacas/New Era Fiber! FiberCom is calling on all artisans who are attending this national event in Nashville, Tennessee, to consider taking part in this exciting show attraction.
The AOA Fiber Artist Marketplace will be great exposure for your farm or fiber business and also offers the possibility to make money from your products. In addition to the opportunity to network with other fiber artists, you will have the chance to share and learn new ideas that may positively impact your business.
FiberCom’s goal is to establish the marketplace as an outlet for your alpaca fiber and encourages you to include items that showcase your creativity and artisanship. We are asking for handmade alpaca end-products and home-grown fiber which includes raw fleece (must be well skirted and presented in clean clear bags), rovings, and yarns. Other handmade alpaca related items such as artwork, jewelry, crafts, etc., are also welcome.
Marketplace Participant Requirements
- Participants must be AOA Association members.
- Products must be made with at least 50% domestic alpaca fiber, e.g., if you are weaving a scarf, at least half of the yarn is USA Alpaca Yarn.
- Products must be hand-made. No commercially produced items will be allowed.
- Registrants may enter a total of 25 items.
- For small items that are $20 or less such as felted soaps, pins, earrings, etc., you may submit up to 10 of the exact same item to equal one or your 25 items.
- Set prices include the following
- Dryer Balls — 3 for $18
- Soap — $7.50 individual or 3 for $21
- Participants must be registered with the online marketplace interest form by June 30, 2018. Entries will not be allowed after the deadline. Space is limited, so act fast to make sure your products get in!
- Products must be brought to the show; mail-in entries are not being accepted.
- Each product must have the provided AOA marketplace tag pinned to it with all information completed at check-in.
- Products must be checked-in on Thursday, July 12, between 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Participants must be available in case we have questions regarding the workmanship involved in the producing of your end products — cell phone numbers work best!
- If you can volunteer in the AOA Fiber Artist Marketplace, please contact Chris Reachard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-629-6489.
- Participants are responsible for collecting all unsold items on Sunday, July 15, after the marketplace closes at 5:00 p.m. AOA is not responsible for collecting or returning marketplace products.
General Marketplace Information
- Commission is 10% on items sold in the Fiber Artist Marketplace. This fee helps cover expenses relating to acceptance of credit card payments, store fixtures, accounting fees, floor space rental, and publicity.
- The Marketplace Fee schedule is as follows:
- $35 — Association member and not attending the event (sending items with someone)
- $25 — Registered for event but not volunteering
- Waived — volunteering 2+ hours at the booth or for AOA Benefactors
- Please be aware that product vendor booths will also be set-up and selling at the conference. No wholesale/resale items are to be included in the Fiber Artist Marketplace.
- The Fiber Artist Marketplace will be located in a prime space in the vendor area.
- Marketplace volunteers will arrange all products attractively. Like products will be arranged with like products. AOA will provide some store fixtures and display devices, but members are encouraged to bring racks or display items to aid in the proper display of your product.
- FiberCom will follow up with accepted participants with any additional information or instructions as needed.
- After your participation is confirmed, photos of any products you intend to bring would be helpful to help promote the marketplace to the public. Please email photos to email@example.com and include your farm/business name as well as a contact name.
Contact FiberCom member Chris Reachard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-629-6489 with questions.
Complete Participation Interest Form