The annual meeting of Alpaca Owners Association, Inc. was held July 15 in Sacramento, California, in conjunction with the 2017 AOA National Fleece Conference. At the meeting, outgoing President Norm Johnson, Treasurer Joe Crocco, and Executive Director Bud Synhorst updated the membership on the activities of the past year along with the financial performance and status of the organization. If you missed this event, you can view the video on AOA's Video Archive Page.
Please help us welcome AOA's two new board members,Jeff Williamson and Patty Hasselbring, along with returning board member Andy Merriwether. The 2017–18 AOA officers were elected and Board Liaisons for committes were appointed. Norm Johnson was elected Immediate Past President.
2017–18 AOA Board of Directors
- Don Greene, President
- Mike Vigus, Vice President
- Jeff Williamson, Secretary
- Joe Crocco, Treasurer
- Vern Butler, Director
- Patty Hasselbring, Director
- Steve Hull, Director
- Andy Merriwether, Director
- Laurel Shouvlin, Director
2017–18 Committee Liaisons
- Ad-hoc Youth Committee: Laurel Shouvlin
- Affiliate Council: Don Greene
- Alternative Products Committee: Vern Butler
- Fiber and Fiber Products Committee: Laurel Shouvlin
- Government and Industry Relations Committee: Andy Merriwether
- Grievance Review Committee: Joe Crocco
- Judges Advisory Committee: Jeff Williamson
- Judge Training and Certification Committee: Steve Hull
- Membership Committee: Patty Hasselbring
- Registry Petitions and Appeals Committee: Don Greene, Andy Merriwether, Laurel Shouvlin
- Show Rules Committee: Mike Vigus
Additionally, AOA presented the James G. King Industry Recognition Award for 2017 to Shauna R. Brummet, Ph.D., of Hobby Horse Farm. The award is given by the AOA board each year to a deserving individual or individuals in honor of Jim King, a longtime member and Board Member of both the Alpaca Owners and Breeders Association and Alpaca Registry, Inc. who passed away unexpectedly on April 5, 2012.
All organizational information: contact information for the board, board minutes, committee information, reports, policies, bylaws, and more can all be found by logging into the website and then clicking "Organization" on the red menu bar.