|AlpacaGram 5.30||April 4, 2018|
Get Involved —
AOA Student Design Competition
Sponsor or Donate Today
The 15th annual AOA Student Design Competition (SDC) with the theme “Alpaca the Earth Friendly Fiber” promises to be another resounding success and the largest number of entries ever! We will soon receive over 140 entries from various colleges and universities across the US (list below). Many of the schools have incorporated alpaca fashion and textile design into the curriculum this spring. Now, we need all the entries to be sponsored by alpaca farms and affiliates.
The SDC strives to be self-funding through student sponsorships and donations from AOA members who believe in the mission and future of the program. If you have a passion for the use of alpaca fiber and fiber products, please consider making a donation.
Your donation helps cover the costs of the program including the expenses incurred for the winning students to attend the Student Design Competition Awards and retreat, which will be held in conjunction with the Natural Fiber Extravaganza powered by AOA, July 13–15, 2018, in Lebanon, Tennessee. We are pleased that the students’ work will once again be featured at the conference and proud that we will be able to showcase the Student Design Competition to the public at the Natural Fiber Extravaganza!
Please visit www.alpacainfo.com/fashion for details of the event or to learn how to make a donation or sponsor a student’s entry fee. A student entry fee can be sponsored with $100 or you can sponsor multiple students, a whole school's entries, or a scholarship award for the winning textile and fashion design entries. All donors will be listed in the student design section of the AOA website.
Thank you to all those who donated the materials we sent to the participating schools in January! The fabric and yarns were just lovely, and the students are having a wonderful experience working with it this semester. So much so that many extra students are entering the competition.
For more information, contact Ruth Fuqua, AOA Student Design Competition Coordinator, Hickory Bluff Farms, Mt Juliet, Tennessee, at email@example.com.
Multiple Entries to be received from the Following Participating Schools:
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- LaSalle College Vancouver, Vancouver, BC Canada
- The Art Institute of California, San Francisco, CA
- Colorado State University, Ft Collins, CO
- Brenau University, Gainesville, GA
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA
- Harper College, Palatine, IL
- Purdue University, Lafayette, IN
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Lasell College, Newton, MA
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Washington University-St Louis, St Louis, MO
- Haywood Community College, Clyde, NC
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Centenary University, Hackettstown, NJ
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), New York, NY
- Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Kent State University, Kent, OH
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Philadelphia University Knitwear, Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia University Surface Design, Philadelphia, PA
- O'More School of Design, Franklin, TN
- University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Sponsor or Donate Today