Shearing Season, Show Season, and EPDs
With shear time upon us, it is time to consider two great opportunities for your fleeces!
- Send fleece samples to Yocom-McColl for testing to receive histogram results and participate in the AOA EPD program.
- Prepare and enter your fleeces into AOA show competitions.
You can do both, participate in the EPD program and enter your fleeces in the show system.
Things to Consider:
- A 4" by 4" sample from the mid-side is needed for fleece testing. The sample needs to remain in staple configuration for optimal testing.
- Removing a 4" by 4" sample will have a minor effect on your total fleece weight.
- Spin-Off and Cottage Fleece competitions are also offered along with the traditional Fleece Show competition at many AOA fleece shows.
You must use AOA's online shear report tool to submit your samples to Yocom-McColl to be included in the EPD calculation.
AOA's Online Shear Report Tool is as EASY as:
- Downloading and following the step-by-step instructions in the Shear Report Guide
- Downloading and printing your fleece testing order forms
- Packaging your fleece samples (4' by 4') along with your order forms and shipping to Yocom-McColl before August 10, 2019
Then sit back and relax while Yocom-McColl tests your fleece samples, emails your histograms to you, and submits your trait data to AOA to be included in the next EPD calculation.
This year's deadline to be included in the 2019 EPD calculation is August 10.
Fleeces can be tested year-round at Yocom-McColl, but to have your trait data included in the next calculation Yocom-McColl must receive your samples by August 10, 2019.
All EPD data is confidential unless you choose to mark it public.
Submit your fleece samples today!
Easy. Convenient. Confidential.