Help Us Celebrate a Shining Star
Perhaps there is no greater "Thank You" to a volunteer than to be recognized by one's peers for the generous gift of their time, energy, thought, and skill to benefit others.
The alpaca industry could not function without highly dedicated volunteers. Whether helping at a show, serving on a committee or board, or assisting fellow members in times of disaster, volunteers dedicate a tremendous amount of time to our industry. AOA has benefited from the support and dedication of our members and we need your help to recognize these outstanding individuals.
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2020 AOA Shining Star Award. This award will be given to an individual or individuals, a group of people, or even an AOA affiliate to recognize their efforts and dedication in supporting AOA and its initiatives. Please tell us who has served AOA unselfishly for the success of our industry.
Recipient Criteria for Recognition
- If an AOA affiliate, the affiliate must be in good standing
- Individuals must be Registry or Association Members of AOA in good standing
- If an entity (groups of AOA members), all must be Registry or Association Members of AOA in good standing
The AOA Board of Directors will review all nominations and select the recipient(s). The Shining Star award will be presented in March during the AOA National Alpaca Show in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
All nominations must be received by Wednesday, December 11, 2019, via the Shining Star Nomination Form.
Contact the AOA Office at 402-437-8484 if you have any questions.
Shining Star Nomination Form
Past Recipients of the Shining Star Award
- 2019 — Sue Ives
- 2018 — Steve Hull
- 2017 — Faye Farley
- 2016 — Stacie Chavez
- 2015 — C. Scott Gove
- 2014 — Fred Obenchain
- 2013 — Jerry & Libby Forstner
- 2012 — Ruth Fuqua, Jude Anderson, Michael Safley, Amanda VandenBosch, Cheryl Gehly
- 2011 — Dr. Jerilynn Booher
- 2008 — Amy McCroskie, Jan Davis
- 2007 — Jodi Weaver
- 2006 — Tom Costner
- 2003 — Deb Hill