|AlpacaGram 7.40||May 12, 2020|
Marketing Your Farm During the Covid-19 Pandemic
All businesses, big and small, have unfortunately been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Slowly, some states have started taking steps to reopen, but a portion of the public will remain hesitant to stop sheltering-in-place.
There are ways to safely open your business to the public even if they remain in their homes (prices charged at your discretion):
- Join online video meetings with one or more of your alpacas;
- Record and email birthday or congratulations messages with your alpacas to those celebrating a special occasion;
- Offer knitting, crocheting, felting, etc. lessons via online video. Talk about the fine qualities of alpaca fiber and include a link to your online store or store phone number/email;
- Have a naming contest for a cria due to arrive;
- Send birth announcements to the media when a cria is born;
- Send before and after photos of your shorn alpacas to the media;
- Contact the media to discuss what life is like during quarantine on the farm;
- Offer an online art lesson (e.g., how to draw an alpaca) and promote your farm;
- Offer basic informational videos for children being homeschooled about alpacas or alpaca fiber;
- When a reopening date is announced, have a countdown with different photos of your farm or store and a reason to visit each day up until opening day.
Alpaca Owners Association Members can contact Cindy Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 952-7510 for assistance in writing a press release, building a media list and coming up with additional promotional ideas.
© 2020 Alpaca Owners Association, Inc.