Visit the Sponsor page to see opportunities to sponsor the AOA Photo Contest.
The Contest ends June 23, 2019, at 11:59 pm CDT (the Entry Deadline). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter electronically, follow the "Enter Alpaca Photo Contest" link and follow the online instructions to upload images from your computer. Digital images should be saved at 300 dpi (around 9" or larger) jpeg. We recommend the uncompressed file size not be larger than 5 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. We can accept images that up to 10 megabytes (uncompressed) if you do not have the ability to downsize the images. (Uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop's "Image Size" display which represents the count of pixels in the image. It is not the file size on your computer's hard drive viewable on your desktop.) Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed.
- You may enter any number of entries in any of the categories.
- No mail-in entry is available for this Contest.
- Each Entry consists of an entry form, a single image, a caption for your image, and an entry fee.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify AOA from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
- If the Photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the Photograph submitted, authorizing the use of the Photograph as provided below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." If you are unable to provide a personal release, upon request by AOA and in the form provided by AOA, then your entry may be disqualified. You do not need to send the release with your entry. If you win, we will contact you if a model release is needed.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of AOA, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- Online entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Categories are specified on the FAQ page of the AOA Contest website.
Prizes are specified on the home page of the AOA Contest website.
- Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In Round One, an expert panel selected by AOA (the "Judges") will each review the entries and select a group of entries in each Category to proceed to Round Two. In Round Two, the Judges will collectively select, from among the entries selected in Round One, the winners in each Category.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, and effectiveness in expressing the contest category. Winners will be published on the AOA photo contest website and displayed at the AOA Natural Fiber Extravaganza.
- Decisions of AOA and Judges are final and binding.
- AOA reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by AOA and Judges in their sole discretion.
- If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- By participating, ALL ENTRANTS grant AOA and their designees, licensees or affiliates (the "Authorized Parties") a non-exclusive, worldwide license, to reproduce, distribute, display, and post the entries online so that viewers may view all competing entries. In addition, each WINNER grants to the Authorized Parties a license for use of his/her winning entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to, print or digital publication in Alpacas Magazine showcasing the winners; and promotions related to the contest. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
THIRD PARTY RELEASES/LICENSES
Entrants authorize AOA to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the photograph entry, in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to: publication in Alpacas Magazine showcasing the winners; the AOA Photo Contest website and on alpacainfo.com; publication in AOA marketing materials; publication in Alpaca Owners Guide and in exhibits and promotions related to AOA. Entrants authorize AOA to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the photograph entry in connection with the promotion of AOA.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless AOA, and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
AOA assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. AOA is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Contest.
This Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries void if AOA determines the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
Participants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if he/she wins that AOA may use each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law). All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize are/is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and AOA, in their sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.