2018 AOA Election Announcements
Renew your Membership to Vote in the Upcoming Election
To vote in the upcoming election, you must be an Association or Registry member, at least 18 years old, and own at least 25% of a live AOA-registered alpaca. The deadline for becoming a member is May 25, 2018. If you have not yet renewed or upgraded your membership, you can do so on your dashboard after logging in at www.AlpacaInfo.com. As a reminder, individuals, not farms, are AOA members; therefore, spouses or partners must have their own individual memberships to be eligible to vote in the election.
We encourage everyone to participate in the process of electing three members to your association's Board. This year’s election will again be conducted via an online voting service.
2018 Election Candidates
The 2018 Election Committee: Norm Johnson (Chimera Ranch), Chair; Renee Ritenour (Alpaca Palace); Sue King (Big Timber Alpacas, LLC); Stacie Chavez (Sky Ridge Alpacas); and Faye Farley (Majestic Meadows Alpacas) have selected nine candidates for the three open positions. The terms expiring this year are those of Don Greene; Steve Hull, Ph.D.; and Mike Vigus.
The following individuals are the candidates selected by the Election Committee:
- Steve Aitchison — Epic Alpacas
- Karen Ball —Heart & Soul Alpacas and Spinnery
- Mike Delaney — Irish Meadows Alpaca Farm
- Wendy Dittbrenner-Eiker — Peaceful Prairie Ranch
- Karl Heinrich — Long Hollow Suri Alpacas/New Era Fiber
- Dale Hoerl — Alpacas of Moose Creek Ranch
- Justin McElroy — Buck Brook Alpacas
- Chris Reachard — C and C Alpaca Factory
- Mike Vigus — West Penn Alpacas
In accordance with AOA Bylaws Section 6.2, the following candidate for the AOA Board was nominated by member petition:
- Allen Kallel — Odin Falls Alpacas
- May 25, 2018— Last day to become a paid member to vote in the upcoming election
- May 29, 2018— Online voting opens
- June 18, 2018— Online voting closes
- July 14, 2018— 2018–19 Board of Directors announced at the AOA Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee, during the Natural Fiber Extravaganza.
If you have any questions or are unsure of your membership level, please call the AOA office at 402-437-8484 and we will be happy to help you.