2019 AOA Election Announcement
First, AOA would like to thank the members of the 2019 Election Committee: Stacie Chavez (Imperial Yarn), Chair; Jennifer Bost (NorTex Alpacas); Ken Clark (Tartan Acres); Sue King (Big Timber Alpacas); and Sharon Milligan (Red Granite Ranch). Their work and commitment to AOA is greatly appreciated by the Board of Directors, staff, and membership.
The Election Committee is proud to announce that it has selected the following candidates to be placed on the ballot for the 2019 election to the Board of Directors:
- Shauna R. Brummet, PhD — Hobby Horse Farm (OH)
- Joe Crocco — Copper Star Alpaca Farm (NY)
- Rhonda Lynn Deschner — Tierra Prometida Alpacas (TX)
- Wendy Dittbrenner — Peaceful Prairie Ranch (AZ)
- Justin McElroy — Buck Brook Alpacas (NY)
- Rick Ritenour — Alpaca Palace (PA)
Petition Process Open
Additional candidates may be nominated by petition if at least 42 AOA members with voting rights sign a petition and deliver it to the AOA Executive Director by April 8, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. CDT. The 2019 petition form is available by download on the forms page of our website at www.alpacainfo.com/about/forms.
Voting in the Election
To vote in the upcoming election, you must be an Association or Registry member, at least 18 years old, and own at least 25% of a live AOA-registered alpaca. In order to vote, the deadline for becoming a member is May 12, 2019. If you have not yet renewed or upgraded your membership, you can do so on your dashboard after logging in at www.AlpacaInfo.com. As a reminder, individuals, not farms, are AOA members; therefore, spouses or partners must have their own individual memberships to be eligible to vote in the election.
We encourage everyone to participate in the process of electing three members to your association's Board.
- April 8, 2019 — Nomination by Petition Closes
- May 12, 2019 — Last day to become a paid member to vote in the upcoming election
- May 15, 2019 — Online voting opens
- May 31, 2019 — Online voting closes
- July 20, 2019 — 2019–20 Board of Directors and new officers introduced at the AOA Annual Meeting during the Natural Fiber Extravaganza in Nashville, Tennessee.
If you have any questions or are unsure of your membership level, please call the AOA office at 402-437-8484 and we will be happy to assist you.