2019 Election Results
The 2019 Alpaca Owners Association, Inc. (AOA) election tabulation has been completed.
The candidates elected, who will begin their new terms in July are:
- Shauna R. Brummet, PhD — Hobby Horse Farm (OH)
- Rhonda Lynn Deschner — Tierra Prometida Alpacas (TX)
- Wendy Dittbrenner — Peaceful Prairie Ranch (AZ)
Please join in congratulating these three newly-elected Board members.
Bylaws Amendment vote results:
- Bylaws Amendment 1 — Passed
- Bylaws Amendment 2 — Passed
- Bylaws Amendment 1: Changes the annual election timeline slightly to allow more time between the conclusion of the election and the AOA Annual Meeting.
- Bylaws Amendment 2: Changes the restrictions on how AOA’s funds held in reserve can be invested.
There were a total of 557 valid ballots cast. To view the certified report of the election service, visit the 2019 election page on the website.
Thank you to all those who agreed to run in this year's election. Committing to three years of service in a national organization is not an easy decision and we truly appreciate all candidates for their consideration.
The 2019–20 Board of Directors will elect officers and announce them on July 20, 2019, at the AOA Annual Meeting held during the Natural Fiber Extravaganza.
Special thanks to this year's Election Committee members: Stacie Chavez (Imperial Yarn), Chair; Jennifer Bost (NorTex Alpacas); Ken Clark (Tartan Acres); Sue King (Big Timber Alpacas); and Sharon Milligan (Red Granite Ranch).
And finally, thank you to outgoing AOA Board Members, Vern Butler, Joe Crocco, and Laurel Shouvlin. Your service to the industry and AOA during this time is truly appreciated.