2019–2020 AOA Board of Directors
The annual meeting of Alpaca Owners Association, Inc. (AOA) was held July 20 in Lebanon, Tennessee, in conjunction with the 2019 Natural Fiber Extravaganza. At the meeting, 2018–2019 President Mike Vigus, outgoing Treasurer Joe Crocco, and Executive Director Bud Synhorst updated the membership on the activities of the past year along with the financial performance and status of the organization. If you missed this event, you can view the video on AOA's Video Archive Page.
Please help us welcome AOA's three new board members; Shauna Brummet, Rhonda Deschner, and Wendy Dittbrenner. The 2019–20 AOA officers were elected and Board Liaisons for committees were appointed.
2019–20 AOA Board of Directors
- Shauna Brummet, President
- Jeff Williamson, Vice President
- Steve Aitchison, Secretary
- Rhonda Deschner, Treasurer
- Karen Ball, Director
- Wendy Dittbrenner, Director
- Patty Hasselbring, Director
- Andy Merriwether, Director
- Mike Vigus, Director
2019–20 Committee Liaisons
- Affiliate Council: Shauna Brummet
- Alternative Products Committee: Steve Aitchison
- Fiber and Fiber Products Committee: Karen Ball
- Government and Industry Relations Committee: Andy Merriwether
- Grievance Review Committee: Shauna Brummet, Patty Hasselbring, Mike Vigus
- Judges Advisory Committee: Mike Vigus
- Judge Training and Certification Committee: Jeff Williamson
- Membership Committee: Patty Hasselbring
- Registry Petitions and Appeals Committee: Shauna Brummet, Wendy Dittbrenner, Andy Merriwether
- Show Rules Committee: Rhonda Deschner
- Ad hoc Fleece Committee: Karen Ball
- Ad Hoc Website Committee: Steve Aitchison, Jeff Williamson
Additionally, AOA presented the James G. King Industry Recognition Award for 2019 to Scott Miller of Crescent Moon Ranch. The award is given by the AOA board each year to a deserving individual or individuals in honor of Jim King, a longtime member and Board Member of both the Alpaca Owners and Breeders Association and Alpaca Registry, Inc. who passed away unexpectedly on April 5, 2012.
All organizational information: contact information for the board, board minutes, committee information, reports, policies, bylaws, and more can all be found by logging into the website and then clicking "Organization" on the red menu bar.