|AlpacaGram 8.68||July 26, 2021|
Countdown to the 2021 EPD calculation!
Fleeces can be tested year-round, but to have your trait data included in the next calculation ship your samples by August 5.
As the deadline approaches we have received some valuable feedback from members on the ordering and shipping process.
- SGS will email a spreadsheet asking for information after you order online. Members that have used AOA's shear report tool do not need to complete this spreadsheet. The information is already provided on the order forms.
- Ship up to four pounds with USPS International First Class mail for less money than FedEx or UPS and receive a tracking number. Overall, USPS seems to be a cheaper option than FedEx or UPS.
- Contact SGS at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the SGS website or ordering.
Instructions for collecting and submitting fiber samples for testing is located at www.alpacainfo.com.
- To have your trait data included in the calculations you must use the AOA Shear Report Tool. The Shear Report Guide provides step by step instructions for using our online shear report tool.
- After completing the information in the shear report tool and downloading your order forms visit the SGS page for ordering instructions.
- New this year, SGS only requires a 2" x 2" sample from the mid-side.
- Pack your samples in the smallest envelope or box possible to save on shipping costs.
- We highly recommend shipping via a service that tracks shipments.
- Contact the office with questions!
To learn more about EPDs and how to use the data visit the resources below.
Additional EPD Resources
Trait data is confidential on the AOA website and can only be seen by the indicated owners. Expected Progeny Differences (EPD) data is confidential unless you choose to mark it public.
Submit your fleece samples today!
© 2021 Alpaca Owners Association, Inc.